When a person passes away, his or her estate is typically required to pass through the legal process known as Probate. Shanone’s main objective is to assist trustees in fulfilling their fiduciary duties of carrying out legal obligations in accordance with the highest standards.
These legal objections and duties include:
- Filing an application for probate and the appointment of an executor or administrator
- Notifying beneficiaries and heirs
- Conducting an inventory and appraisal of the estate assets
- Collecting the assets
- Identifying the decedent’s creditors
- Paying the decedent’s debts to creditors
- Filing the decedent’s final income taxes
- Paying any applicable estate taxes
- Distributing the remaining assets to the beneficiaries
You can rest ensured that Shanone will successfully navigate you through all complex probate matters.